Did you lose your mobile number registered on aadhar card details or the mobile number was not registered with UIDAI? Are you looking for an answer how to change mobile number in aadhar card online without OTP? Alternatively, how to add a mobile number, in the aadhar card online, these are the questions people asks and face problem facing linking mobile number with aadhar card. It is mandatory to give mobile number while applying for aadhar card and for other documents like e-verification of income tax, PAN card, and other purposes. Here we have explained that How to do Aadhar Card Phone Number Update .
The government of India has initiated the campaign that every bank accounts, electricity bill, telephone bill, and PAN card must link with aadhar card. For this almost 80% Indians have applied for aadhar card. This is necessary to access the benefits from the government; hence, it is important to give correct information while registering for aadhar card.
However, every process is not always up to the mark and it gives the accurate result. Sometimes, the applicant fills the wrong information in the aadhar application form and sometimes there is a technical fault. Thus, here is a full detailed process for How to change mobile number in aadhar card online without OTP.
How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card without OTP?
Here are the steps to update mobile number in the aadhar card without OTP. This is the process followed when there is no mobile number registered in the application and new mobile number is need to add in the aadhar details. In order to register the mobile number, you need to visit the nearest aadhar card center or nearest post office.
- Take the form from the center and fill it with correct details
- Attach the photocopy of the aadhar card
- It will take 5 to 7 days to get your first OTP.
- If you receive the OTP then validate your mobile number through the website.
- Open the website and enter the 12 digits of UID or EID number and click on the send OTP button
- You will receive the OTP on the existing mobile number
- Update the mobile number if needed
- Click on the submit button and finalize the mobile number
- You can also update the name, gender, age, and address with the same process and this time you will receive the OTP on the same registered mobile number.
Update Aadhar Card without Mobile Number Without OTP
Above was the description of registering and update of mobile number offline. Means to register the mobile number, you need to visit the aadhar card center and when the mobile number is updated, you can also change other information in the aadhar card. Now, here is a process for how to change mobile number in aadhar card online without OTP. You just need to follow the following steps:
- Download the aadhar update form online
- Fill the form carefully in upper case with all the latest details including new mobile number
- Fill the fields in both English and local language as appear on the aadhar card like in J & K Urdu is local language, in Uttar Pradesh, Hindi is local language etc.
- Write an additional application letter mentioning the changes you need on the card. For mobile number change in form_V2, there is no mobile number change option is available in the application.
- Or you can download the older version of form_v1, in this form; there is an option to tick the mobile number change.
- Enclose all the documents including PoI and PoA as stated in the form_V2 in an envelope, write aadhar number on every copy of the document, and self-attest it.
- Finally, send the envelop vis post to the nearest UIDAI address.
Now, wait for the confirmation SMS from the aadhar to the new mobile number. This SMS will confirm that your new mobile number is updated to the aadhar details as per your request without OTP. The same aadhar update can be used to change other details such as name, age, address, and gender.
How to Change Mobile Number in Aadhar Card Online With OTP?
For online service, you need to have registered mobile number or registered email address. If you do not have access to the mobile number, then you can request for update mobile number online or access the portal with an Email address. You will receive the OTP via email. To update the aadhar card in UIDAI database, you can use self-service user portal.
- Enter the unique and valid 12-digits aadhar card number in the required field correctly
- Enter the verification code and caption shown below on the page and click on the send button
- Click on the update mobile number option on the same page where Name, gender, DOB, address, and mobile number are mentioned.
- Next will open where you need to enter the new mobile number
- Then at the end click on the submit button after filling the mobile number correctly.
Why Mobile Number Is Necessary To Be Updated In AADHAAR Database
Currently Income tax department has launched the scheme to link the aadhar number with the PAN number. You can do this by visiting the income tax e-filling website, thus the name on both the aadhar and PAN is same then there is no need of OTP but if there is mismatch in name in the database, OTP will be required.
- Mobile number is required during the income tax filing. For paperless e filling of the return, you will need OTP to verify aadhar. In this case, you do not need to submit the ITR-V acknowledgement to the central Processing cell, Bangalore.
- The government if India has also decided to link the aadhar with mobile number so that no outsider can purchase the SIM in Indian and do illegal work.
- There is strict rules and regulations to telephone operator to activate the mobile number when aadhar is linked
- Moreover, the aadhar is mandatory in banks also. Now, banks are doing KYC process to update aadhar number online